slide show

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sunday Snapshot {Splash Pad}

5D Mark II, 50mm prime
ISO 200, f/8, 0.8sec
Post processed in Lightroom 4
It was night so I had my ISO cranked up (6400) for the remainder of these pics, but for this one, I wanted to turn it back down and use a slow shutter.  I found a planter to set my camera on and set it down and used an extra long shutter speed.  I love the way some of the kiddos are still visible, but blurry so you know they are still playing about.  I also love the way the slower shutter made the water movement blurry while the reflections and palms are still crisp and clear.  
.     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     . 
Papa and I forewent our date night (read - couldn't find any good movies worth seeing anyway) and decided to take the little ones out for a special evening of fun.  
For all my complaining, living in this city of affluence has it's advantages.  Like this amazing splash pad at a newer shopping area.  
This city is loaded with splash pads, but what I love about this one is not only is it open at night, but the LED light make it even more fun!
Of course Tess and Jude got right in an loved it!  
Until they ran directly into each other and Jude immediately got a gushing bloody nose.
Mimi on the other hand, wasn't sure at all that this was a good idea.
Obviously, she needed a big brother to help her.
And luckily she had just the perfect one there to help her out.  
Oh Boo, I love you so much.  You have a heart that makes a mama smile!
Around 8pm, it was still in the mid 90's, so I was happy to get my tootsies wet too. 
Tess started to melt down early.  Despite a nap, she was so tired and a bit overly stimulated.  
Despite the fact that she said she "never ever wants to come back to this place," I'm pretty sure she had a good time too.
There is even a candy store to peer in to and dream!  
I think we'll need to go back and pick out a lollipop... or two... or three.
Despite the fact that it was tough to get our bums out of the house, (why is the last minute loading of the car always so hard?) it was fabulous date night!

Ni Hao Yall

18 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! What beautiful night pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool place! :) I hope they make something like this where I live. Your Boo is such a sweet boy, beautiful inside and out. And Mimi is the cutest thing. She reminds me a lot of my little one, the same cautiousness and serious face when trying new things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing that is really pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE these...how very beautiful...what a fun place to play and what a fun place to take photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like so much fun!! Wish we had one!! Of course, it's not normally hot enough at night to enjoy the LEDs.

    Boo is such a sweet big brother!

    I wonder how long till Tess asks to go back :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun! I've never seen a splash pad with LED lights.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all lovely but the picture of Boo with the little one is stunning.

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos! Sounds like a great evening of family fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute!

    Greetings from Hamburg, Germany!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! What a fun place! I love that it's available at night! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the fun captured in these beautiful water photo's:))))
    God Bless,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some AMAZING shots!!! Looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These photos are fabulous! I love the lights in the water, and the effect of the slow shutter speed on the first one. How fun! Wish we had a splash pad like that around here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these photos. It looks like your family had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nancy, these are awesome photos. You need to upload more of them to CMA.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011